Becoming a Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Village Hospital. Volunteers provide a valuable link between the hospital and the community, by playing a positive role in the lives of patients, family members, visitors and hospital staff.
There is no better way to touch lives than to volunteer at the Village Hospital, and we need you!
How can you help?
Wherever you choose to contribute, your assistance will be needed and appreciated.
We are seeking volunteers to serve in the following key areas:
- Greeters/ambassadors at the reception desk of the hospital and the Medical Office Building
- Pharmacy assistants
- Gift shop associates
- Guest services ambassadors for inpatient care
- Clerical/administrative associates
- Emergency Department volunteers
- Cafe associates
When can you help?
Volunteers are needed every day, with some availability for evenings. We ask that you work a four-hour shift that can be flexible depending on your schedule and the needs of the department chosen.
In appreciation for your time and service, we offer the following benefits:
• Complimentary meals up to $7.50 in the café on the day you work
• Volunteer vest provided
• Service recognition pins
• Special events in honor of volunteers
• Monthly recognitions
• Annual health review
• 20 percent discount in the Twig and Vine Gift Shop
• Wellness Services
• Free annual flu shot
• In-service training and access to the Health Resource Center
• Life-long associations with Village Hospital staff
How do I get started?
Volunteering is as easy as 1-2-3
1) Complete the application and health assessment
2) Attend hospital training and orientation
3) Placement in desire area
Click here to download a volunteer application.
We welcome applicants over 18 years of age.
For more information, contact Volunteer Services at 864-530-6279 or via e-mail.